This blog is about living Vegan. It includes Vegan lifestyle, Vegan events, and anything else I find interesting.

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Restaurant Review: Red Bamboo (Appetizers)

Have you ever seen that Seinfeld episode where George and Jerry talk about making a meal out of appetizers? Well, we decided to make a lunch out of appetizers at Red Bamboo (Manhatten location).

These are the Crispy Salmon Rolls. They're fried spring rolls filled with veggies and "salmon." I really like them because the flavor is light and not very "fishy" tasting. I've always hated seafood and don't really like any mock seafood, but these rolls have a very mellow flavor. The ginger dipping sauce is good, too.

We actually went to Red Bamboo specifically to get these Buffalo Wings. The "wings" are fried and smothered in a very tasty BB-Q sauce. The sauce is sweet and tangy but not at all spicy. They also come with a Blue Cheese dipping sauce that is ridiculously good. I want to put it on everything I eat! If they bottled this sauce and sold it as salad dresssing I would put it on everything I ate!!

Like traditional wings, they are served with celery (the perfect vessel for finishing off the Blue Cheese sauce!!)

I realize now that this doesn't seem like much of a lunch, but we actually ordered 3 orders of wings to split between us!!

Red Bamboo
140 W 4th Street
(near Washington Square Park)
NYC 10014

4 Comments:

Blogger roy barclay said...

Try their bourbon chicken. You can get it as an appetizer. It's AWESOME. I'd say it's better than the wings.

July 23, 2006 11:30 AM

 
Blogger KleoPatra said...

Oh, does that all look heavenly! To eat what you want - whatEVER you want - from a menu is one of the greatest freedoms, too..

I never have liked seafood or the "fishy" taste and it sounds like what you ordered would be very neat to try.

I love the menu there... i would so want to try the Caribbean Jerk Spiced Seitan and then the Tonkatsu Chops. I have never eaten pork chops... wonder if i would like this. I'd certainly be willing to try this! (Like i'm getting to NYC anytime soon...)

July 23, 2006 1:17 PM

 
Blogger jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

Oh, I do love Red Bamboo. My boyfriend and I had a take out Easter dinner there a couple years ago eaten on a chinatown/boston bus. Memories..

July 25, 2006 10:46 PM

 
Blogger urban vegan said...

Next time I'm in NYC (which may be tomorrow!), I definitely have to try Red Bamboo. Everyone loves it. What am I waiting for?

July 28, 2006 11:45 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home