This blog is about living Vegan. It includes Vegan lifestyle, Vegan events, and anything else I find interesting.

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Product Review: Subway Veggie Delight

My husband is away for the week and took my camera with him, so I'll have to post some non-photo blogs for a while...

That said, I was pleased to find out that the Subway Veggie Delight recently changed recipes to omit all animal ingredients, making the veggie patty vegan! They use Gardenburger brand patties, so perhaps when Gardenburgers became vegan Subway followed suite.

The photo above is from Subway's website, I would never order olives! Regardless, I love the Veggie Delight sans patty and now I love it even more with the patty.

There are a couple perks avaliable at Subway that make it (in my opinion) the most Vegan-friendly sandwich shop chain:

Spinach
Cucumbers
Carrots
If veggies aren't fresh they will replace them without complaint
Toasted rolls
Original Sun Chips
and...Veggie Patty!

7 Comments:

Blogger MeloMeals said...

that's great to know... I rarely eat out, but sometimes it's necessary to pick up something quick on the road.. and my kids love subway.. very cool.. I'm going to write them and thank them!

July 16, 2006 5:05 PM

 
Blogger Amanda said...

My recently-turned-vegetarian boyfriend has been getting that for lunch at work almost every day for like two years. I've never tried it myself (I prefer an all-veggie sub), but it's awesome that they even offer such a thing. And you've gotta love the original sun chips!

July 16, 2006 7:20 PM

 
Blogger KleoPatra said...

WAY TO GO SUBWAY!!! I love that sandwich and get it whenever i go there... Wonderful!

July 17, 2006 2:20 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jenny! Thanks for stopping by my blog. You are so cute and I'm really liking your blog. Who would have thought Subway had anything vegan. I haven't been to Subway since I became vegan. Don't usually eat fast food but sometimes you've just got to. Subway is one of only a handful of restaurants in my town so maybe I'll have to check them out.

July 24, 2006 1:18 AM

 
Blogger Vegan Eating Out said...

Subway is one of the most recognizably vegan friendly mainstream fast food chains. My site has all of their vegan menu choices as well as menus from almost 200 other places.

Subway Vegan Diet Menu

November 30, 2008 3:15 AM

 
Blogger zfzfzfzfzzfzzzzzzzzfzzzzzzzzzz..z.zzz.zzzzzzzzz.............. said...

Anyhow, don't they use the same hands and oven to handle the veggie delite and other meat products?

June 26, 2010 12:07 AM

 
Blogger Jo said...

the veggie patties aren't vegan. they have egg whites and cheese in them.

December 26, 2010 7:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home