This blog is about living Vegan. It includes Vegan lifestyle, Vegan events, and anything else I find interesting.

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Product Review: Double Rainbow Soy Cream

If you live on the West Coast, you're probably already familiar with Double Rainbow Soy Cream, they carry it at most grocery stores. However, if you live on the East Coast, you might not be as familiar with it. Oddly enough, to my knowledge, the only place you can buy it is Wawa. Wawa is a regional chain of convenience stores (like 7-11, Circle K, Quick Chek, etc.) and is generally not at all vegan friendly. I think the only other vegan items at Wawa are Peanut Chews and Ketchup. All Wawas stock three flavors of Double Rainbow Soy Cream: Mint Chocolate Chip, Caramel Cinnamon Swirl, and Very Cherry Chocolate Chip.

The Mint Chocolate Chip is pictured above (with copious amounts of Smackin' Good Whipped Cream) and is Gian's favorite. It's the only mint chocolate chip ice cream (not chocolate chunk or chocolate swirl) and it's very good. The Caramel Cinnamon is my favorite. It tastes like horchata. The Very Cherry is also very good, but I tend to shy away from fruit and chocolate mixtures.

6 Comments:

Blogger KleoPatra said...

I am familiar, and thanks for the review!!

July 01, 2006 11:19 PM

 
Blogger Amanda said...

ALL Wawas? I think I need to pay a visit to the Wawa a few miles from my house and investigate this situation futher. Caramel Cinnamon Swirl sounds like it would be my favorite, too. Oh man I hope they have this stuff!

July 02, 2006 12:45 AM

 
Blogger Los Jacklos said...

The cinnamon does not taste like horchata. It does taste like cinnamon toast crunch soy ice cream. Vegancore, you should check your Wawa, I don't wht out Wawa would have it and not yours. Ours is nothing special.

July 02, 2006 1:09 AM

 
Blogger Amanda said...

I'm sad to report that my Wawa is soy ice cream-less. I was downright crestfallen. :(

July 03, 2006 1:08 AM

 
Blogger jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

Ooo Jenny, Double Rainbow is by far my favorite and most authentic tasting brand of soy cream, apparently the ice cream is amazing too. The only flavor I'm not wild about is the cherry chips, too many cherries for me - but the mint chip, cinnamon and white chocolate (Actually vegan!) and raspberry combos all amaze me.

July 03, 2006 1:14 PM

 
Blogger jenny said...

vegancore - i am stunned that your wawa doesn't have it - every wawa around here carries all three flavors! you should talk to the manager and request it!
jess - i've never had the white chocolate! it sounds amazing!!

July 03, 2006 7:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home