This blog is about living Vegan. It includes Vegan lifestyle, Vegan events, and anything else I find interesting.

Monday, June 26, 2006

Recipe: Smoothies!

Yesterday (well, really last night) we got two bags of frozen berries from Wegman's. This morning I just couldn't wait to make some smoothies. I realized part-way through that I forgot to get bananas! Oh, well.
I like to keep things simple, so the smoothies only took about 5 minutes total, including clean-up.

Recipe:

Mixed Berry Smoothies


1 1/2 c Vanilla Silk
1 c frozen strawberries
1/4 c frozen blueberries
1/4 c frozen raspberries
2 T sweetner (optional)

Add all ingredients in a blender. Blend on high for 2 minutes until completely smooth. Add more Silk if necessary to blend.

Check it out: my blender shows the RPMs of the blade - this smoothie was blended at 10,000 RPMs - fun!

8 Comments:

Blogger Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

such a pretty color! nothing says summer like berries & it looks retro-hip in your pac-man glass!! :o)

June 26, 2006 1:29 PM

 
Blogger MeloMeals said...

Looks delicious.. I love your glasses...

June 26, 2006 2:01 PM

 
Blogger KleoPatra said...

Gorgeous all around. Who needs bananas?! (Just kidding, i love bananas, but your smoothie looks and i'm sure tasted just fab without 'em!)

June 26, 2006 3:13 PM

 
Blogger Los Jacklos said...

Actually we usually do put some bananas in ! We just forgot when we went to the grocery store.

June 26, 2006 5:58 PM

 
Blogger Amanda said...

Love the color. Love the blender. LOVE the glass.

June 27, 2006 2:17 AM

 
Blogger t. said...

Very stylish! And the smoothie sounds one of those great things I will never be able to afford (here berries are expensive and they do not sell them fozen...)

June 27, 2006 7:40 AM

 
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

sounds damn good to me!

June 27, 2006 12:21 PM

 
Blogger jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

I'm in total agreement with vegancore on this one, and I'd loooove a smoothie right now.

June 27, 2006 6:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home