This blog is about living Vegan. It includes Vegan lifestyle, Vegan events, and anything else I find interesting.

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Restaurant Review: Zenith (NYC)

Zenith is a Japanese-inspired vegetarian restaurant. It's located on 311 W 48th Street, near 8th Avenue and shares a space with a non-vegetarian Japanese Restaurant.

The ambiance is great and the food was amazing! We started with their homemade vegetable dumplings (recom- mended by the waiter). They were very flavorful and really fresh tasting.

For our entrees, we got their combo platter. You can pick two entrees and they serve them together. My friend got Vegetable Curry with Seitan and Sweet and Sour Seitan.

I got Crepes Esperantes and Vegetarian Quilt. Both were amazing. The "Quilt" had a light peanut sauce with fresh vegetables inside. The Crepes were a little spinachy but were wrapped in a soy-crepe that was really flavorful with a sweet sauce.

2 Comments:

Blogger veganfriendly said...

Great review, Jenny! I've never been inside Zenith, but I once ordered their "Wondrous Pumpkin" lunch. It was really good. I liked how it wasn't soy-heavy. My co-worker orders take-out from them all the time and mysteriously receives a free tiny bottle of wine. Classy joint! -Ev

June 25, 2006 9:55 PM

 
Blogger jenny said...

I'll have to try that! They were very intent on giving us a free bottle of wine, but neither of us drink - they gave us a coupon for a free bottle the next time we come in instead.

June 26, 2006 12:27 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home