This blog is about living Vegan. It includes Vegan lifestyle, Vegan events, and anything else I find interesting.

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Product Review: Vegan Treats Soft-Serve

Vegan Treats is quite possibly my favorite Vegan "rest- aurant." Their retail store is located at 1444 Linden St. in Bethlehem, PA. Instead of reviewing it a a whole, I'll do some product reviews.

Every Saturday, the retail store sells soft-serve. It's all homemade (so you don't have to worry about the Gianna's Grille-style fiasco of serving a mix that isn't actually vegan!) and the flavors are different each week. Sometimes in the summer, if it's especially hot, they'll have soft-serve every day. Call first to be sure!

Yesterday's flavors were Peanut Butter and Chocolate. I had a Brownie Soft-Serve Sundae: Warm Rocky Road Brownie (complete with vegan marshmallows!) with Chocolate and Peanut Butter twist soft-serve, topped with Whipped Cream and drizzled with Chocolate. Ridiculously rich and delicious.

Vegan Treats soft-serve is by far the best soft-serve I've had (Vegan or non-Vegan). It's incredibly rich and smooth - not at all "icy" as many vegan soft-serves are.

Some past flavors:

Chocolate
Vanilla
Peanut Butter
Strawberry (with fresh picked berries)
Orance Creamsicle
Mint

6 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

It's in PENNSYLVANIA?!? Granted, it's 75 miles away from me, but still. Vegan soft serve! Right here in PA! Oh hell yes I am planning a mini-roadtrip.

June 25, 2006 10:03 PM

 
Blogger jenny said...

It's definitely worth the trip! They also have deliciously light doughnuts, sticky buns, french pastries, cheesecakes, cakes, brownies, cupcakes, whoopie pies, etc. Bring a cooler because you'll want to bring stuff home!

June 25, 2006 11:01 PM

 
Blogger Amanda said...

So yeah, I basically need to go out and get the biggest cooler I can find because I want to bring home everything you just wrote about. This is so exciting! The selection of vegan baked goods (that don't come from my own kitchen) is pretty nil in my neck of the woods, unfortunately. Or perhaps fortunately, say my hips.

June 26, 2006 12:54 AM

 
Blogger jenny said...

Haha! That's how I felt before Vegan Treats opened! Let me know if you make the trek, I sometimes work the counter when they're short-staffed.

June 26, 2006 1:20 AM

 
Blogger urban vegan said...

wow--wish they had this here in Philadelphia. i'm jealous!

June 26, 2006 6:48 AM

 
Blogger t. said...

I am so stunned at the great selection! Granted, I will never make it there to try, but by just looking at the pictures my stomach started producing loads of gastric acid screaming "You want to eat that!!!"

June 27, 2006 8:08 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home