This blog is about living Vegan. It includes Vegan lifestyle, Vegan events, and anything else I find interesting.

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Recipe: Grown-Up Ramen

I know that Ramen Noodles are the quintessential college-kid food, but I had a hankering for them recently. I wish I had a picture because when I make Ramen it looks delicious!

Recipe
Grown-Up Ramen
1 pkg Top Ramen Oriental Flavor Noodles (blue package)
1/3 cup frozen corn
1/3 cup frozen peas
1/3 block tofu, cubed and steamed*

Bring 4 cups water to a boil. Stir in seasoning packet (or use your own soup broth cubes). Add frozen corn, peas, and tofu; simmer for 2 minutes. Add noodles, simmer for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and serve.

*Using a vegetable steamer, steam cubes of tofu for 3-4 minutes.

6 Comments:

Blogger MeloMeals said...

When I need a really fast meal I make this with tofu, frozen broccoli florets and fresh ginger and garlic grated in at the end.

It's one of my kids and husbands favorite meals.. which really pisses me off given the amount of time I usually spend cooking! lol

July 16, 2006 5:07 PM

 
Blogger MeloMeals said...

re: Living in Clip... of course! I think any Ani fan will know this immediately.. LOVE HER! I heard her on Air America Radio the other night... she's as great as ever...

July 16, 2006 6:49 PM

 
Blogger KleoPatra said...

Jenny, i'm such a dork. I had my window open to leave you a message and another window open to leave Vicki a message and i accidentally left you hers, which is why the above is deleted. Sorry!!!

I did not know the Top Ramen was vegan!!! That is the best news of the night for me. Love the recipe you give! I have another brand of ramen at home so i am gonna try it. Looks nice and easy and totally tasty.

Thanks Jenny!

July 17, 2006 2:19 AM

 
Blogger Catherine Weber said...

I haven't had ramen in ages . . . it sounds kind of good, actually! When we were little, my mom called it "curly noodle soup." Man, what a flashback! I'll have to pick up a package this week . . . is the sodium content insane?

July 17, 2006 10:50 AM

 
Blogger jenny said...

kleo-no problem!! I certainly think ramen is underrated!

Catherine- the sodium is over-the-top but you can use your own broth if you like...

July 17, 2006 12:35 PM

 
Blogger karen said...

I love ramen! There are 2 brands at my store with the oriental flavor and one is vegan and the other isn't even veggie. It is soo good, but totally high in sodium. I may use my own broth next time.

July 31, 2006 10:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home