This blog is about living Vegan. It includes Vegan lifestyle, Vegan events, and anything else I find interesting.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Restaurant Review: Gobo (lunch)

We went to Gobo for some take-out lunch and got their veggie burger. It came in this super-cute quasi-bento style box.
The "burger" was wrapped for easy on-the-go-eating and came with a side of yam and yucca fries (though I only had one yucca fry in my portion). The yam fries are battered with a very light tempura-like batter and were perfectly crispy and not too heavy.
The burger came topped with avacado, salsa, mayo, and sprouts. The burger consistency was pretty good, a little mushy/soft but well done and crispy on the outside. It tasted like a bean-base was used for the burger and it contained chopped up vegggies. Overall, very flavorful. Of course I also got a bubble tea, but didn't picture it since I've already reviewed Gobo's bubble tea (yum, yum, yum!).

Gobo
401 Avenue of the Americas,
New York, NY 10014
(between Wverly Place & 8th Street)

5 Comments:

Blogger jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

Ooo I've had that same lunch special! I had it there, though, alas no bubble tea. I don't know if they served bubble tea when I went a couple years back..delish

July 18, 2006 11:42 AM

 
Blogger MeloMeals said...

Yum... I love the bento box... and those fries look so original..

July 18, 2006 12:57 PM

 
Blogger KleoPatra said...

Wow, i never heard of this: a yucca fry! That must have been interesting. I wonder if they don't make as many when they fry up the yam, so that's why there was only one. How odd! I like the box as well. Clever and cute. Ah, New York... so much from which to choose!

July 18, 2006 1:41 PM

 
Blogger urban vegan said...

I'm gaga for GoBo. That looks mighty yummy.

July 18, 2006 2:13 PM

 
Blogger Tanya Kristine said...

damn that looks good. and i just ate lunch!

July 18, 2006 3:23 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home