This blog is about living Vegan. It includes Vegan lifestyle, Vegan events, and anything else I find interesting.

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Recipe: Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Pasta

In wandering the pasta aisle today, looking for something easy to make for dinner, this packet of Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto caught my eye. I don't generally use packets like this unless I'm making gravy or dip but it sounded really good.

I had a huge bunch of fresh organic basil from my parents' garden waiting for me at home.

Of course I modifed the directions a bit.

Recipe:
Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Pasta


1 lb Penne Rigate Pasta
1 Packet Knorr's Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto (I'm sure you could find an organic brand with less processed ingredients)
1 1/4 c Boiling Water
2Tbs Margarine
1 large bunch fresh basil, chopped

Prepare pasta according to directions on box. Mix packet of pesto with Boiling Water and Margarine. Stir well. Toss pasta with Pesto sauce and chopped basil. Serve warm with Vegan Rella or Veggie Parm.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmmmmm....all that basil looks amazing. And, of course you can't go wrong with sundried tomatoes.

July 20, 2006 6:40 AM

 
Blogger MeloMeals said...

That looks great... I love the flower...

fresh basil... it is so intoxicating.

July 20, 2006 5:03 PM

 
Blogger KleoPatra said...

Nice with the fleur... tres bien, Jenny! I looooooooove sun dried tomatoes. The perfect sweet treat...

July 21, 2006 5:17 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home