This blog is about living Vegan. It includes Vegan lifestyle, Vegan events, and anything else I find interesting.

Friday, July 21, 2006

Product Review: Coffee Pod Maker

I do not like coffee.

I just wanted to get that out there! I add a lot of sweetner and a lot of Silk to my cup of Joe, mostly to disguise the bitter taste of the coffee!

Since I don't really like coffee, I don't have a coffee pot in the house. However, my husband sometimes likes a cup of coffee and we often have over houseguests or dinnerguests who would like some coffee. I considered buying a coffee pot to satisfy the masses, but they're so big, ugly, bulky, and fragile I thought it would never work in our already cramped kitchen.

Enter the pods!

(Notice the small amount of space taken up and the fun orange color!)

Instead, I got a single cup coffee maker that uses coffee pods. It's perfect. I keep a selection of coffee pods available (I have a plethora of flavors, including decaf, hazlenut, dark roast, etc.) and I also have tea pods (though I think brewing tea is just as efficient). Anyway, the pods available at the grocery store certainly wouldn't impress a die-hard coff-a-holic and the critics (aka my dinnerguests) say that while the pods are definitely a step above the instant coffee I previously served, they're not fantastic.

I did some searching earlier today and found that there are now Organic, Fair Trade coffee pods! I'm going to order some of these and see if they have a more "gourmet" flavor.

5 Comments:

Blogger KleoPatra said...

That's a cool idea. I tried coffee once. Not into it either, but most of my family and friends are coffee drinkers... nice products you feature here!

July 21, 2006 1:47 PM

 
Blogger Amanda said...

I don't like coffee either. I've tried... but no. My boyfriend drinks it, though, so we have a coffee pot. That pod is way cuter.

July 22, 2006 12:30 AM

 
Blogger MeloMeals said...

That is really cute... and a great idea..

July 22, 2006 8:11 PM

 
Blogger 0s0-Pa said...

Now those are some neat looking coffee pods. CoffeeForLess is a good place to coffee in case you wondering!
-Jackie

November 08, 2013 4:19 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Interesting post on coffee pods machines. If you need a good place for affordable coffee pods, I recommend visiting http://www.theworldbestcoffee.com/coffee-pods/

July 24, 2014 7:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home