This blog is about living Vegan. It includes Vegan lifestyle, Vegan events, and anything else I find interesting.

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Spring Roll Redux

I wasn't happy with the look of my last spring roll post, so when I made them again yesterday I took better pictures.

First, I soaked the rice noodles for 20 minutes in cold water to "cook" them.


I then shredded carrots, cucumber, and jicama. The black tool is a julienne peeler from Pampered Chef.


Step One:


Step Two:


Step Three:


I was inspired by someone else's post using peanut sauce with their spring rolls (I'm so sorry I can't remember who it was - I looked through blogs trying to find it but it was a while ago) so I used my fancy-schmancy dipping bowls:


And this Tai Peanut Sauce:


To dip:


Finished rolls:

16 Comments:

Blogger Brooke said...

Those look great!!!

January 27, 2007 3:18 PM

 
Blogger bazu said...

Yumm. I don't make spring rolls nearly as often as I should.

January 28, 2007 11:42 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

January 29, 2007 8:37 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we dont have that here, is so envy, yours looks soo good! :) thanks for share them.

January 29, 2007 8:38 PM

 
Blogger Kris said...

Wow, those look incredible. I have not tried jicama. I can't find it organic around here, so I'm letting that be my excuse rather than the fact that raw root vegetables freak me out. ;)

January 30, 2007 7:14 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks awesome! We just made some spring rolls tonight!

January 30, 2007 10:07 PM

 
Blogger Mikaela said...

I love your "fancy shmancy" bowls! :)

February 01, 2007 11:14 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I need that little julienne peeler !
It looks so fun :)

Your spring rolls look delicious !

February 02, 2007 12:09 PM

 
Blogger Judy said...

Yum yum, now I want to make some too.

February 04, 2007 1:35 PM

 
Blogger Don't Get Mad, Get Vegan! said...

Yum! we make those so often it's silly! Not sure if the pnut sauce thing was me but we're hooked on a simple one I make whenever we have the rolls:

peanut butter, agave, water to thin, ginger, red pepper flakes.

viola! easy and entirely too yummy. my husband begs for this stuff!

your rolls look great! and LOVE the shmancy bowls! ;)

February 11, 2007 8:23 PM

 
Blogger KleoPatra said...

i love spring rolls. These look spectacular. LOVE the look and i'm sure i'd love the taste!! What's not to love?

February 15, 2007 9:36 PM

 
Blogger Matthew Ruscigno said...

No Whip

February 16, 2007 5:48 AM

 
Blogger Matthew Ruscigno said...

Since you got me listed as a 'vegan blog' I figured that I needed to get some vegan food on it. Y'all would of been in deep fried heaven.

February 23, 2007 4:49 PM

 
Blogger urban vegan said...

Gorgeous summer rolls and what a cool retro dipping dish.

February 25, 2007 4:27 PM

 
Blogger KleoPatra said...

Where are you, Jenny!? Missing you!!

February 28, 2007 8:16 PM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Those look very tasty. :)

April 02, 2007 4:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home