This blog is about living Vegan. It includes Vegan lifestyle, Vegan events, and anything else I find interesting.

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Nojito!

Since it's the middle of January and 70 degrees in the Northeast, Pier and I enjoyed some refreshing Nojitos.

This is my recipe for a delicious Nojito (non-alcohilic Mojito)!

Start by slicing half a lime into wedges:


Place the limes in a tall glass:


Grab a bunch of mint:


Add 12 mint leaves:


Use either a muddler or a mini tart shaper to mash the limes and mint:


Top off with simple syrup* (to taste) and sparkling water (I used San Pelligrino):


Top with a straw and enjoy!!

Mojitos appear to have been invented by Sir Francis Drake and were originally called "Draques" after him. They were largely enjoyed in Cuba but became popular in Southern Florida in the early 1900s. Rumor has it Ernest Hemmingway enjoyed them at his home in Key West.

*Simple Syrup
2 parts sugar
3 parts hot water

Stir sugar into water until dissolved, chill, covered until use.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmm..i know i would love that drink.
mini tart shaper - I've never heard of that tool before, but I can see how it would come in handy.

January 07, 2007 10:38 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My girlfriend used to love mojitos but recently stopped drinking. I'm definitely forwarding this entry to her.

Cute glasses by the way!

January 07, 2007 2:13 PM

 
Blogger bazu said...

I love mojitos and am sure I'd love nojitos as well! And your glasses are uber-cute. Mmmmm.

January 09, 2007 12:35 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recipe!

January 11, 2007 7:41 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home