This blog is about living Vegan. It includes Vegan lifestyle, Vegan events, and anything else I find interesting.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Recipe: Bruschetta Pasta

I had so much fresh basil I decided to make Bruschetta, but I didn't have any bread. I decided to think outside the box so to speak and use pasta as a base as opposed to bread. I served it at room temperature and it was very tasty!

Recipe:
Bruschetta Pasta

1 box whole wheat pasta
4-5 ripe tomatoes
2 large bunches of fresh basil
1 small onion, chopped
salt
white pepper

Cook the pasta according to box directions. In the meantime, Chop the tomatoes and the basil. Add the onion and salt and pepper. I tossed around the idea of sauteeing the onions first but in the end decided to keep them raw. Add to the pasta and serve at room temperature. Mangia!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great idea and so simple and easy. I have a TON of basil. My plants are about 4.5 feet tall and out of control. I wish it shipped well because I'd send some to all my blogging friends. I need to come up with some easy and inexpensive recipes that use a lot of basil so I can freeze to take advantage of all the yumminess before it turns to cold and dies. I have a LOT of pesto already so I better hit the books and start sesarching!

August 31, 2006 12:30 AM

 
Blogger MeloMeals said...

Looks so good... fresh basil makes everything better..

Love the bacon ... I have been doing this with cooking spray and the cast iron and it's really good. My son LOVES it.. I make him BLT's for lunch..

August 31, 2006 12:28 PM

 
Blogger KleoPatra said...

Yes, a great idea! I had "chicken" in a basil sauce w/rice & veggies last night at SIPZ, my fave veg haunt, and it was delicious! This looks fantastic.

Jenny, i am curious why you served it at room temperature? Flavors better that way!? Or just doesn't "work" hot?

August 31, 2006 2:59 PM

 
Blogger Nicki Baker said...

That looks REALLY good. I wouldn't mind adding a little spinach, olives, and shrooms too :)

August 31, 2006 4:34 PM

 
Blogger jenny said...

Hey Kleo - I served it at room temperature because I didn't want the tomatoes to cook and get mushy...but I'm sure it would be yummy warm!

August 31, 2006 5:34 PM

 
Blogger jenny said...

Hey Kleo - I served it at room temperature because I didn't want the tomatoes to cook and get mushy...but I'm sure it would be yummy warm!

August 31, 2006 5:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home