This blog is about living Vegan. It includes Vegan lifestyle, Vegan events, and anything else I find interesting.

Sunday, August 27, 2006

My mother-in-law is awesome

She made us dinner the other night and it hit the spot. She grilled up some corn on the cob and some eggplant. It ws very summery and surprisingly filling! She actually doesn't have a grill, so I'm not even sure how she made it! She's Italian and often will cook traditional recipes vegan - like the eggplant. We made eggplant sandwiches with the leftovers.

I feel bad sometimes because we're all vegan and she's not. She also is very traditional in her cooking (she imports lentils, steaks, and herbs from Italy) but she does a bang-up job veganizing her favorite recipes for us! Sometimes though I wonder if she feels like we're missing out on something because we're not eating things in a traditional way...I don't feel like we're missing out, she always cooks us amazing meals.

8 Comments:

Blogger urban vegan said...

Bellisima! You rmom-in-law sounds so sweet.

August 27, 2006 12:44 PM

 
Blogger madeinalaska said...

very sweet of your mom-in-law to be so accommodating looks fabulous..
if she is anything like my mom-in-law she is just happy to see and feed us, no matter what. She LOVES to feel needed! and the poor thing is old and tierd but, really hates sitting on the side lines while we cook.. it makes her very very happy to contribute!

August 27, 2006 6:38 PM

 
Blogger KleoPatra said...

Jenny, what a cool mom-in-law. Bet she's happy to be able to make you things you "can" eat! Knowing Italian moms, who are a lot like Greek moms, who are a lot like Jewish moms, all of whom i've known in my life, things revolve around food. Everything revolves around food. LIFE revolves around food! So, seeing you eat and be joyful with the food... bet that brings her plenty of "naches" (happiness in Yiddish)!

August 27, 2006 7:11 PM

 
Blogger MeloMeals said...

It's great your MIL is so accommodating.. I think that they just want to feed people... hehe.. my poor MIL can't wrap her head around my dietary restrictions.. she always tries to feed me dairy and eggs.. she gave my son turkey when he was a baby... saying it was vegetarian! she doesn't do things like that anymore, so I'm glad.

August 28, 2006 6:20 PM

 
Blogger Mikaela said...

Sounds like you're both very considerate of one another - quite sweet :)

Mikaela

August 28, 2006 10:15 PM

 
Blogger adoloratta said...

Frannie is pretty great isn't she. But now onto the real situation at hand-- sometime while Gian is in Chai-town (if it even exists!) can we have a pity party for me? I still have that gnocchi and we can make it with pesto. Let's get some good desserts too and a movie. OKay?

August 30, 2006 11:55 AM

 
Blogger jenny said...

I am up for gnocci and pesto!

August 30, 2006 10:06 PM

 
Blogger karen said...

How wonderful that your MIL will make vegan food for you! I just bought some organic corn at the farm I go to and I want to grill it up-yum!

September 02, 2006 4:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home