This blog is about living Vegan. It includes Vegan lifestyle, Vegan events, and anything else I find interesting.

Friday, July 28, 2006

Recipe: Potato Salad

Today we got some fresh organic potatoes from my dad's garden. We decided to use them to make some delicious potato salad to have with some burgers.

We used Veganaise with the purple lid (Grapeseed Oil). I really, really think that the Grapeseed Oil Mayo has a much better taste than even real mayo (my parents and my mother-in-law, all omnis agree!).

Anyway, it was a delicious dinner, here's the recipe:

Recipe:
Potato Salad


5 lbs potatoes, chopped and cooked
2 stalks celery, chopped
1 1/2 cups Veganaise
2 tsp salt
2 tsp celery seed
2 - 3 sprigs fresh parsley

Mix all ingredients, let cool in fridge for 1 - 2 hours before serving. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve.

As leftovers, I added some chopped fresh basil to the salad, it was delicious!

3 Comments:

Blogger KleoPatra said...

Hey, you and Dori at The Bakehouse with your potato salad! I need to get in on this tasty tater action.

July 28, 2006 3:08 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmm...what perfect summer BBQ food!

July 29, 2006 10:50 AM

 
Blogger MeloMeals said...

yum! I'd add some red onion and mustard to this... we love potato salad...

July 30, 2006 2:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home