This blog is about living Vegan. It includes Vegan lifestyle, Vegan events, and anything else I find interesting.

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Product Review: Cento Marinated Artichoke Hearts



I LOVE artichoke hearts. Frannie makes them fresh and they are to die for. Actually, the first time I had ever had them was about two years ago when Frannie cooked them up. I have emulated her recipe with mixed results, the most frustrating being the ridiculous amount of time it takes to trim them, cook them, etc.

Fresh artichokes are around $4-$10 for 8 depending on the size and the season.

Enter Cento Marinated Artichoke Hearts - $1.48 for a jar of 8.

They are delicious. I bought them to put on salad, but ate the first jar plain with a fork. If you like tangy, kind of sweet, kind of lemony, garlicky goodness, these are for you.

Anyway, at 20 calories per heart, they are the perfect snack.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home