This blog is about living Vegan. It includes Vegan lifestyle, Vegan events, and anything else I find interesting.

Thursday, October 11, 2007

"Vegan-sexuals" ...


Lindyloo over at Yeah, that Vegan Shit posted this as her Question of the Month (paraphrased):

Would you, as a vegan, date an omni?

Anyway, I thought that it was interesting and wanted to share my views.

Vegan Freaks Podcast addressed this a few podcasts ago, and spoke about it in their Newsweek Article and I have to agree with Bob, the term 'vegan-sexuals' is totally lame.

Anyway, here is my take:

My response to this has change DRASTICALLY over the years.

When I first became vegetarian, I didn't care what my significant other ate...then I decided that I preferred to date other vegetarians since I found meat so disgusting.

THEN I became vegan and my boyfriend at the time was vegetarian. I was okay with that. In fact, I dated a few other vegetarians in the meantime.

Finally, I met my husband, who was vegan - I realized that veganism was such a life-driving philosophy that I don't know how I could possibly marry someone who wasn't vegan. I know that many people have fantastic relationships with omnis, but for me, I couldn't be happier than with my vegan partner.

What is your take??

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Consider feeding your dogs Vegan food as well. Our dog has been Vegan for about 7 years and is super health:

http://www.boodaw.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=349

We make his food (basically beans and garlic over rice) using vegedog supplement, yeast, and enzymes:

http://www.vegepet.com/fordogs.html

If you have any questions about our Vegan dog, you can hit me at my yahoo or gmail e-mail account. soycap is my user name for both accounts. Take Care.

October 12, 2007 4:34 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh yea, my wife is Vegan too and I went through the same exact process as you did. I thought I could do it at one time, but since being with her for the last 15 years, I know that I couldn't.

If I never had a Vegan mate, I might think differently.

October 12, 2007 4:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home