This blog is about living Vegan. It includes Vegan lifestyle, Vegan events, and anything else I find interesting.

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Star Trek



I love Sci-Fi, I especially love the Star Trek franchise. I know, that qualifies me as a total nerd, but I don't care.

This past week, details about the upcoming Star Trek XI movie directed by JJ Abrams were released - it's going to be a prequel, and will include Spock and Captain Kirk at Star Fleet Academy.

Now you might be asking yourself, what does Star Trek have to do with Vegetarianism?

Well, my dear friends, that question is easily answered in the Star Trek: The Next Generation episode, Lonely Among Us , when Commander Riker informs a non-human species requesting freshly slaughtered meat for dinner:

"We no longer enslave animals for food."

That's right, since food is created in replicators in the 24th Century, they are all Vegan.

I'll end my nerd-monologue with this: Star Trek XI will be released 12.25.08.

8 Comments:

Blogger urban vegan said...

"We no longer enslave animals for food."

Guess this officially makes me a Trekkie.

July 31, 2007 10:31 PM

 
Blogger KleoPatra said...

Very cool. i'll be a Trekkie for sure when this happens!

August 02, 2007 2:05 AM

 
Blogger Tuco said...

Cool - I'd never thought about that aspect of Star Trek before. Hmm... I'd rather not wonder what the actual substance riker and pickard et al were eating was though.

You heard of/seen this "Sunshine" movie that just came out? It's supposed to be a great sci-fi movie.

August 03, 2007 2:49 PM

 
Blogger Matthew Ruscigno said...

So after our trip all over the place the day before I left for Europe, I bet you are curious as to what I did about not having new triathlon shorts.
Well, I wore the old pair out for a training ride and they are stretched to shit and almost see-through. So I wore those under my wetsuit for the swim and just got naked in the transition area and put on regular cycling shorts for the bike leg. I wasn`t the only one; some very fit older European women did not hesitate to take it all off either.

August 07, 2007 8:48 AM

 
Blogger Amey said...

what an endearing nerd-monologue! :)

hoorah for star trek, i had no idea.

August 08, 2007 11:20 AM

 
Blogger Almost Vegetarian said...

Okay, I adore Star Trek. Not because they are vegetarian. But it sure helps.

Cheers!

August 09, 2007 4:05 PM

 
Blogger KleoPatra said...

Jenny... come back ... missing you!

August 16, 2007 9:50 PM

 
Blogger MeloMeals said...

Wow.. this makes me want to watch Star Trek...

August 18, 2007 7:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home