This blog is about living Vegan. It includes Vegan lifestyle, Vegan events, and anything else I find interesting.

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Tofurkey-Day


Here's my obligatory T-day post:

I have Thanksgiving Dinner at my house; my parents, my aunt and uncle, my brother, my sister, Gian's mom, and usually about a half dozen friends come over for dinner. Obviously it's all vegan. I always cook a Tofurkey because I don't know where to buy anything else!

Here's how I make my Tofurkey:

Recipe:
Tofurkey Roasted Veggies


1 Tofurkey Roast
3 Stalks of Celery
1 Bag Baby Carrots
1.5-lb Bag of 1"Maximum Baby Red Potatoes (small red potatoes)
1 Red Onion
1 Yam
1 Jar Dry Whole Chestnuts (imported from France by Haddon House foods, in the International section of the grocery store)

Baste:
3 Tb Olive Oil
2 Tbs Braggs Amino Acids (or soy sauce)
1/2 Cup Orange Juice
(That's right, I mix the two options on the Tofurkey box!)

Chop all of the vegetables into similarly-sized pieces. Unwrap the thawed roast and place in a roasting pan brused with olive oil. Arrange all veggies and chestnuts around it. Pour sauce over the roast. cover with foil and roast in 350-degree oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Double basting recipe and reapply as necessary. Ignore jokes about what you're making and serve!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your way of preparing it sounds delicious. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

November 23, 2006 8:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home