This blog is about living Vegan. It includes Vegan lifestyle, Vegan events, and anything else I find interesting.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Product Review: Yuppie Juice

I was shopping in Wegmans today, picking up the fixin's for BLT sandwiches for dinner when this Acai Juice caught my eye. Now, it is WAY too pricey for regular consumption ($2.73 for 9.6 ounces) but it hit the spot to quench my thirst on the way home. It's touted as having the most anti-oxidents of any juice and apparently has been featured on Oprah.


I like that it only has a few ingredients (all whole) and no fructose. It was incredibly sweet, but I could taste the agave. It had a pomegranatey-grapey taste. Overall a big thumbs up -- I just wish it were less expensive!

5 Comments:

Blogger KleoPatra said...

Oh, wait'll U.V. sees this one! The name of that's gonna make her smile.

I would love to try this, but wow, Jenny, the price! ZOINKS!

It's weird to see fruit juice that has iron and calcium w/out any added nutrients/minerals put into it, just from natural occurrence.

I might even try a splash of this with some club soda to offset the sweetness. Yummy.

August 09, 2006 8:41 PM

 
Blogger jenny said...

I think it would be really good with some club soda. I probably won't have it again for a few months, it's just so expensive!!

August 09, 2006 9:29 PM

 
Blogger Kris said...

Jenny, they have started selling acai juice at Trader Joe's. I love taking advantage of their great juice selection, they actually have pomegranate juice that I can allow myself to buy! I've been eyeing the acai juice for awhile and I figured that it tasted bitter because their little advertising sign says "makes a great mixer", but now I think I'll try it.

August 10, 2006 2:09 AM

 
Blogger urban vegan said...

Acai is so popular in Brazil. They see it as almost a cure-all.

I have to get some for name cat named Bossa Nova. >^..^<

August 11, 2006 2:05 PM

 
Blogger karen said...

Hi Jenny! This juice sounds really good. I have never seen anything sweetened with agave nectar- so good for you... Have a great weekend!

August 12, 2006 1:12 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home