This blog is about living Vegan. It includes Vegan lifestyle, Vegan events, and anything else I find interesting.

Sunday, November 02, 2008

This Week's Brunch...

French Toast Sticks

Before becoming vegan I REALLY REALLY liked French Toast Sticks. I make my own French Toast pretty frequently, but there is just something about the crispy, sweet goodness of French Toast Sticks that I have not been able to replicate.

I found these in the gluten-free freezer section of Wegman's:



Here they are all cooked up and on a plate with a small monkey cup of syrup.


The verdict?

Well, for gluten-free French Toast Sticks I guess they were good. They tasted more like lightly battered bread sticks than traditional crispy, well- battered French Toast. In fact, they were shaped like sliced bread cut into strips, crust and all - not really what I was hoping for.

All-in-all a let down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home