This blog is about living Vegan. It includes Vegan lifestyle, Vegan events, and anything else I find interesting.

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas Eve Menu

We had a decent amount of people come over for Christmas Eve dinner. Here's a shortlist of the food. In my haste to get everything ready I forgot pictures of the appetizers...I'll have to make them again I guess!!

My brother, Zack, enjoying the food.
Vegan Lasagna
A slice of lasagna.
Baked Ziti with Meatballs
Puff Pastry Bread - I usually cut out the pastry with a star-shaped cutter, but I couldn't find it anywhere so I used a rabbit-shaped cutter - not quite festive, but still delicous! I topped the pastries with coarse salt and dried basil - they are a light and seemingly fancy alternative to bread. (They're so easy to make, I just buy Pepperidge Farms Puff Pastry, thaw it, cut out the shapes, top with seasoning, bake, and serve!)
Mocha-Vanilla Trifle
Here's the trifle, half-eaten. The trifle consists of home-made chocolate and vanilla cake, chopped up and layered with vegan whipped cream, home-made chocolate-mocha syrup, and melted chocolate. The whipped cream is from a restaurant-supply store, not available for regular retail.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the idea for the puff pastry bread! Is the whipped cream Rich's? I really want to find decent vegan whipped cream (I'm not very fond of SoyaToo) and have heard good things about Rich's but have yet to locate it. :(

December 26, 2006 8:38 PM

 
Blogger jenny said...

It's Rich's - you can only get it commercially so it's very hard to find. They occassionally have it at restaurant supply stores, but I have a friend who owns a restaurant order it for me every now and then. It's so worth it.

December 27, 2006 5:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home