This blog is about living Vegan. It includes Vegan lifestyle, Vegan events, and anything else I find interesting.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Trouble with Trifles

The Trouble with Trifles

We had some friends over for dinner so I made a vegan trifle for dessert.

I prefer a rich trifle as opposed to a more traditional fruit trifle.

First, I whipped up some cream:

Then I layered the bottom with vanilla cake, lightly moistened with French Vanilla Silk Creamer and espresso, and vanilla pudding. On top of that was mocha mousse, chocolate cake, caramel mousse, and finally whipped cream.

The top was sprinkled with chocolate shavings and caramel and the coup de gras, a sugar disk:


The layers:

We enjoyed it with some tea:

6 Comments:

Blogger aTxVegn said...

Wow, how did you make that whipped cream?

October 15, 2008 4:08 PM

 
Blogger VEGAN TICKLES said...

What a beautiful dessert.
And I also want to know what you used for the whipped cream, SOYATOO?

October 15, 2008 4:37 PM

 
Blogger Jen Treehugger said...

Oh my!
That's amazing!

October 15, 2008 4:41 PM

 
Blogger Georgia said...

looks wonderful!!! I also am wondering how the whipped cream was made

October 15, 2008 5:02 PM

 
Blogger allularpunk said...

that is...i have no words. i just want it.

October 16, 2008 4:30 PM

 
Blogger whoXcares said...

haha i love the size of that bowl!!!looks wonderful!

November 08, 2008 7:07 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home