This blog is about living Vegan. It includes Vegan lifestyle, Vegan events, and anything else I find interesting.

Thursday, October 09, 2008

Pesto Snack

I have bunches and bunches of fresh basil on my porch, so I've been making small fresh batches of basil. This dish is chopped tomatoes, lightly sprinkled with sea salt, and toped with fresh pesto, served with some Dr. Krackers.



My recipe:
1/3 cup toasted walnuts
1 1/2 cups basil

Blend in food processor until well chopped and blended, serve immediately!

4 Comments:

Blogger donesmoking said...

im a big basil fan so i bet i'd love this!

October 09, 2008 9:27 PM

 
Blogger allularpunk said...

basil is my favorite herb! i wish my basil plant had been a little more prolific this year so that i could have had enough to make pesto... it's so expensive in the stores! i've not tried pesto w/walnuts, but i do know that pesto with cashews and a little bit of nutritional yeast makes me want to die of pure pleasure.

October 10, 2008 11:07 AM

 
Blogger miss v said...

i love when simple=delicious!

October 10, 2008 12:47 PM

 
Blogger Jen Treehugger said...

Pesto is the best thing in the world!
All my Basil has gone now (sniff sniff) but it has done me proud.
:)

October 11, 2008 7:36 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home