This blog is about living Vegan. It includes Vegan lifestyle, Vegan events, and anything else I find interesting.

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Polenta Crispini

I changed this recipe a bit, but the original Polenta Crispini recipe is from Vegan Italiano.

First, I went to Wegman's to get some fresh basil but they were out. The produce manager told me to come back the next day...I went back the next day and this was the greenest basil they had:
Not great.

I got it thinking that maybe if I left it in the sun for a few days it would improve...it didn't. I went back and got this basil in a tube - it's surprisingly fresh tasting!
I cheated a bit and instead of making the polenta, I bought Sun-Dried Tomato Polenta in a tube, I sliced it and topped it with my homemade pesto (recipe below).
Then I baked them at 350 for 20 minutes. They were crispy on the ouside and soft in the middle with deliciously rich pesto on top.


Recipe:
Pesto


3/4 tube Basil
1/2 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
5 Tbs toasted pine nuts
1/4 tsp coarse sea salt
1/4 cup olive oil

Blend all ingredients in a blender until a paste forms.

UPDATE: The above product now contains dairy, boo!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home