This blog is about living Vegan. It includes Vegan lifestyle, Vegan events, and anything else I find interesting.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Try It Out Tuesdays: Raw Revolution Bars

I tried the Chocolate and Cashew Raw Revolution Bar.

I'm into the packaging and the name:


It says 'with sprouted flax seeds' so I thought, this bar is going to be gross, I couldn't imagine the texture of a sprouted seed in a bar - I was skeptical to say the least!

When I opened it, my hopes were raised, it looks like a chocolate bar!

Overall I was very impressed. It is definitely more tasty than Larabars and while there were some 'bits' in it, the texture was really good, the cashews were slightly crispy and the chocolate was very flavorful.

My only complaint was that I would have liked it to be just a tad sweeter, but I guess that really isn't what they are going for.

Overall I would purchase this item and try other flavors as well!


*If you have a product you would like me to review, please send an email to j88nny@hotmail.com.

2 Comments:

Blogger Matthew Ruscigno said...

Did you notice that they are not completely raw? It gives the percentage in tiny numbers on the back some where. Most are like 90%.
Imagine a 'vegan revolution' bar that has 10% non-vegan ingredients. Of course this does not matter if you are not raw (or vegan), but I do find it slightly misleading.

October 22, 2008 5:50 PM

 
Blogger Jen Treehugger said...

I am intrigued by this. I'll keep my eyes open for it in the shops.

October 28, 2008 6:04 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home