This blog is about living Vegan. It includes Vegan lifestyle, Vegan events, and anything else I find interesting.

Monday, August 11, 2008

Restaurant Review: Balasia

I love Balasia, I wish it were a little more reasonably priced, if it were, I would go weekly! Most of their entrees are $25 with appetizers starting at $9, salads around $12, prixe fixe prices start at $45 for dinner and $20 for brunch.

This is dinner:

Appetizer, Chilled Avacado Soup with Water Cress and Pine Nuts...it was AMAZING!



I can never remember what this is called, but it's a tower of various indian-fushion dishes topped with smoked tofu and served with thin rice crackers - the presentation is unbelievable, as ou can see...


closer shot...


really close up...there are so many ingredients and flavors but they blend well and create a flavor that I've never before experienced, it's rich, savory, and addictive!


---------------
The next day....


With the left-overs, I made a savory crepe and stuffed it, topping them with a light sour cream and dill sauce:


I also whipped up a few sweet crepes, stuffed with raspberry filling and topped with whipped cream.


Balasia

500 Chestnut Street
Emmaus, PA 18049

3 Comments:

Blogger Matthew Ruscigno said...

Welcome back to the blogosphere!

August 12, 2008 1:05 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

You are awesome!
Your kind words have granted you a vegan brunch
on me (Wendy chef/owner Balasia).
OH, and nice works with the crepes!

August 12, 2008 10:38 PM

 
Blogger jenny said...

I'm so excited you read this, I just adore your restaurant!!! :)

August 13, 2008 6:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home