This blog is about living Vegan. It includes Vegan lifestyle, Vegan events, and anything else I find interesting.

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Peach Turnovers

I love peaches. A friend of mine has a farm and they grow peaches, when we worked together she would bring in BUSHELS of peaches to share with us, it was amazing. I don't see her as often any more so I had to get these peaches from the supermarket, though they were advertised as coming from a local farm, so I'm okay with that.

I chopped 8 peaches into small pieces, added 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp vanilla, 2 Tbs sugar, and 2 Tbs Splenda and let them sit for about an hour to get juicy...

In the meantime I took out a package of puff pastry from the freezer and allowed it to thaw on the counter for about an hour.



I sliced the pastry into 3 inch squares, added a few tablespons of peaches and folded them over onto themselves to make little pockets.

I baked them for 25 minutes at 400.



These are served a la mode with some Turtle Trails!



And plain!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home