This blog is about living Vegan. It includes Vegan lifestyle, Vegan events, and anything else I find interesting.

Sunday, September 21, 2008

This Week's Brunch...

French Toast Bake with blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries.

This dish turned out to be freaking fantastic! It was so good that I made a second batch to take to work and it was a HUGE hit with all the omnivores!!

It's really easy to make, you put together the ingredients the night before and then bake it in the morning.

I paired it with fresh strawberries and soya whipped topping.



Here's how you make it:

1 loaf white bread, cubed (I used a generic 'whole wheat' white loaf from the supermarket)
1 lb mixed berries (if you freeze them first they won't stain the bread when you mix it)
2 cups vanilla soymilk
1/3 cup sweetner
2 Tbs flour
1 tsp cinnamon

Wisk together soymilk, sweetner, flour, cinnamon until smooth, pour over the bread cubes and mix well, adding more soymilk as needed. GENTLY fold in fruit, spoon mixture into a 9x13 pan, cover, and refrigerate over night. Bake for 45 minutes at 350 the following morning.

Top with fresh fruit, syrup, soymilk, and/or whipped cream.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger VEGAN TICKLES said...

I can't wait to make this for my husband.
It sounds delicious.

September 22, 2008 7:47 PM

 
Blogger VEGAN TICKLES said...

I can't wait to make this for my husband.
It sounds delicious.

September 22, 2008 7:47 PM

 
Blogger Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

OMG, that looks soooo good!

September 24, 2008 3:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home