This blog is about living Vegan. It includes Vegan lifestyle, Vegan events, and anything else I find interesting.

Thursday, September 04, 2008

Fruit Platter

We had dinner at my future sister-in-law's and I supplied the fixings for the fondue. I made vanilla pound cake and then sliced strawberries, bananas and pineapples - garnished with fresh mint. It turns out the chocolate for the fondue was not vegan and somehow marshmallows were added to my platter, but otherwise my contributions were a big hit. The pound cake was amazing. I took my favorite vanilla cake recipe and lightly 'dropped' the pan several times to condense the mix, it took out some of the air and made for a more dense finished product - perfect pound cake consistency and delicious vanilla flavor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home