This blog is about living Vegan. It includes Vegan lifestyle, Vegan events, and anything else I find interesting.

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Washington, DC

I was recently in our nation's capitol for a 3-day conference. One night we went to 'the mall' to see the memorials.

The Korean War Memorial is relatively new and is very eery. It's slightly larger than life-sized statues creeping through the underbrush. Seeing it in the dark probably added to the aura.
Of course, a memorial I have no qualms supporting is the Lincoln Memorial.


One of the people I was with had never seen the Vietman Memorial so we went there too...

The World War II memorial was more of a celebration than a somber remembrance.


I mean, it was pretty, but all in all it was a horrible reminder of the events that are occuring, largely unprotested, in 'Mess-o-potamia'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home