This blog is about living Vegan. It includes Vegan lifestyle, Vegan events, and anything else I find interesting.

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Lavender Cake

When I was in 9th grade, we read a book in which the main character eats a lavender cake. I cannot remember the book, though I'm pretty sure it was 18th/19th century English Literature a la Jane Eyre. The teacher brought us all a piece of lavender gum so we could experience what it was like to eat lavender (there were probably 200+ students in all of her sections, I went to a very large high school, so one piece of gum was really all that was reasonable).


Anyway, that piece of gum did not even come close to replicating the taste of fresh lavender gently baked into a light and delicate cake:

This vegan version by Vegan Treats is amazing. It's covered in white chocolate and has the perfect amount of lavender.

2 Comments:

Blogger adoloratta said...

yeah so on my way home from seeing frannie today I stopped by vegan treats looking for this wonderful creation and to my dismay, there were none. I had to settle for a cowboy cookie and good ol' peanut butter bomb. Not that pb bomb is anything to snub your nose at but you know, I was really looking forward to the lavender goodness....

May 11, 2008 8:18 PM

 
Blogger Andrew said...

Ohmygosh.

I had no idea they made this!

It's sounds so good.

May 26, 2008 2:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home