This blog is about living Vegan. It includes Vegan lifestyle, Vegan events, and anything else I find interesting.

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Chicago! Karyn's Cooked

Gian and I went to Chicago recently and at our friend Deej's recommendation tried Karyn's Cooked.

Karyn's describes itself as "Conscious Comfort Food" a description that is truly fitting.

I think I rate Karyn's Cooked as my all-time favorite vegan restaurant. I know, it's high praise, but well-deserved.


Here are some of the delicious dishes we had, we went for brunch, lunch, and dinner (several times)!

Blintzes:


Potato Pancakes:


French Toast:


Pizza with soy cheese:


Southern Fried BBQ Tofu:


Cilantro Refried Beans with Slaw, Seitan, Avacado and Tortillas:


Spare Ribs with Cilantro Cole Slaw:


Lemon Meringue Pie:


Gian waiting patiently for them to bring our meal:


Karyn's Cooked - Conscious Comfort Foods
Open: Monday 11:00am to 9:00pm, Tuesday-Saturday 11:00am to 10:00 pm, Sunday 11:00 to 9:00pm, Sunday Brunch from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm
Located at: 738 North Wells Street, Chicago, Illinois 60610
Phone: 312.587.1050

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home